Saturday 3rd November 2012
[Enter online - Maps - More info]
RESULTS ARE UP ON THE RESULTS PAGE
Want to enter the whole series?
A MTB Journey from the beautiful alpine valley of Hanmer Springs up into the stunning Alpine setting of the Clarence River and the St James Homestead, with a short peak at parts of the St James Cycleway, and a fantastic return journey over Jollies Pass back to the start/finish line.
Long Course 50km & Approx 1200m Climb
Short Course approx 35kms & 300m Climb
Approx winners time 3hours
Enquiries can be emailed to
or ring Graham Frith on
03 315 5009 between 8am and 9.30pm.
Entries: On line entry can be made up to Thursday 1st November by clicking HERE
Entry forms can be downloaded HERE and must be received prior to the closing date of Wednesday 31st October 2012. Please allow 2 days for the post to reach Hanmer!!
Cheques to “Hanmer Springs Multi Sport Club” please.
Or Online Banking to: Hanmer Springs Multi Sport Club Acc. No.: 020876 0136404 02
Entry fee: $50 per person – juniors $40 (18 and under on race day)
Entry confirmation: All Entries received will be confirmed by email only.
Refunds will be given up to the closing date of Wednesday 31st October, less $10 admin fee. No refunds will be given after this date.
Entry on the day will be available at registration for an extra cost of $10
Registration will be at Monteiths Brewery Bar on Amuri Ave from 7.00pm to 9.00pm on Friday 2nd November or at the Start Line from 7.00am –10.00 am on Saturday 3rd .
NB If you register it will be assumed you will start the race. This is an important safety issue. Please do not register and then not start the race.
Indemnity Forms: must be completed and signed at Registration. Every competitor must sign this form
Junior competitors must have their form signed by a parent / caregiver.
The Long Course Race Brief will take place near the registration venue at the Pawsons Rd DOC Car park, at 10.15am.
The Short Course Race Brief will take place near the Short Course Start line, on Tophouse Road, near the St James Homestead. All competitors must attend the race brief at 10.15am.
The Long Course Start will take place at the Pawsons Rd DOC Car park, at 10.30am.
The Short Course Start will take place on Tophouse Road, near the St James Homestead at 10.30am
Short Course Shuttle: Those racing the Short Course can park vehicles near the race start, or be dropped off at the start area. There will be no shuttle provided by the Race organisers. We ask that all vehicles are off the road before 10.30am so as not to become a hazard to Long Course Racers climbing Jacks Pass.
Start Time: Both Races will start at 10.30am, following the race brief which is at 10.15 am
Prize Giving: will be held at Monteiths Brewery Bar on Amuri Ave at 5.00pm. There will be numerous spot prizes; you must be there to get one
Extreme weather conditions i.e. strong winds or snow may mean it is unsafe to run the race on the planned route. The organisers reserve the right to alter the course at short notice, or withhold entry fees and offer an alternative date.
Race Series: To be eligible for Race Series points you must enter the same Race Grade in all events.
- All competitors, fully understanding all the inherent hazards, compete at their own risk.
- The organisers will not accept liability for any personal injury or mishap during the event that is caused by the competitor’s actions, inaction, negligence or unacceptable behaviour.
- All competitors must read, understand and accept the possible hazards associated with this event.
- All Clarence Spectacular competitors must be of sufficient fitness to complete the course that they enter.
- The organisers reserve the right to withdraw from the race any competitor who shows signs of severe fatigue or injury during the race.
- All competitors must dress sufficiently for the conditions and weather likely to be experienced during the race. Remember Hanmer Springs is an alpine village and weather conditions change very rapidly. All competitors must carry sufficient gear for the conditions and weather likely to be experienced during the race.
- Bike helmets must be worn .
- Race officials must be obeyed and have the right to stop the race or disqualify any competitor.
- Competitors must follow the route as described and marked by the organisers. Your race numbers must be attached to the front of your bike.
- No litter is to be dropped on the course.
- All competitors must attend the race brief.
- All competitors must sign the indemnity on the entry form, which states that you have read, understood and agree to these conditions of entry.
[Back to top]